Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Got to Maui. It's 9:15 pm local time, but it's 1:15 home time. So tired... BBD is out hunting for food. At this point, i am happy waiting til morning to eat. Our two hour wait at the Phoenix Airport turned into a four hour wait, then a five and a half hour flight. Maybe I can actually blog about the last two days, not that it's so exciting, in the morning. Actually, I can just recap it now. A hasty camp pick-up, a drive to Phoenix from Sedona, (BBD saw those big saguaro cactuses for the first time) a swim in a tepid swimming pool, a bit of a sunburn on our white tummies, a walk through a mall, another sub sandwich. Next morning, a transfer and condensing of all our luggage as we packed for Hawaii, a trip to Wal Mart for a bigger suitcase, lunch of fast food chicken, a small tiff as we parked and found the airport shuttle, a wait at the boarding gate, an announcement that the plane was in the shop, more waiting, more announcements, dinner of a veggie burrito in the airport, and finally, a flight during which I read an entire novel. One I have been waiting for in paperback for a really long time, paid good money for in Borders, and now it's done. Gone in one flight. Another brief tiff getting off the plane after I discovered I had left my jacket with my ID on the plane, and had to wait for the staff to bring it out to me (as is our m.o. when we come to HI, I am already trying to lose my ID.) Another few sharp words over trying to find the condo in the dark, and here we are. Maybe now we can be sweet to each other.

More when I have more to report... if I am lucky enough to keep this tentative internet report.

No comments:

Post a Comment