Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello and welcome to the world of early winter. It is supposed to snow here tonight. We shall see... on the bright side, we now have a wood stove sitting under the stovepipe in the corner of our living room. We have burned two fires in it already, and they have been warm, but have not had the comfortable ambiance of a fire on a nippy fall evening, because the stove is brand new, and when heated, emits fumes that make our throats close and our eyes water. But it should pass, we just need to burn it a few more times.

Yes, I am still a little wishful for snow, but one always forgets that it is usually accompanied by slate gray skies and howling wind. It is just the childish delight of waking up to a magical, white world that I want, not necessarily all the things grown-ups have to deal with when it snows.

Last week I stumbled across a free web-hosting site, and decided to create a website, mostly because I had never done it. A day later, a friend called, wondering if I knew anything about setting up websites, so I sat down to figure it out. That idea came about two days before I was snapping the pictures on my previous post, and suddenly an idea for a virtual, interactive community center gripped me, a place where everyone I know can mini-blog, share them selves and their ideas, their artwork, their poetry and prose, their memories of simpler times... whatever it is they like to share. If you know me or anyone I know, stop by. You will need to register and become a member of the site, a fairly painless, two-step process, and log in with your email address and a password. I have started a collection of people already, so you may be surprised to find yourself featured there. The place to go is: www.agatheringplace.webs.com

I know you just sat down with your coffee and thought you were going to be here for a while, but that is all for now. If you want to spend more time, do more reading and more catching up, you'll have to go to A Gathering Place. It is late morning, and our Mr.B. is in Denver today. I am working "so that at least one of us can make some money today". My words, spoken with air quotes back to him, before he had the chance to say them as we lay in bed and plotted our day this morning. Mrs.B can be that way some times. But that means I should actually go to work. My Ipod is finally charged, so I suppose that means now...

No comments:

Post a Comment