Tuesday, June 8, 2010



Hello and welcome to An altitude Problem, where yours truly is catching her breath after a day at work (yes, truly!) a trip to one grocery store once, and a trip to the other one three times.

I finished with my work in Keystone about 1:00 this afternoon, and headed back to the office to type out an inventory list and unload a trunkfull of sheets and towels, and on my way past City Market, stopped and bought lunch- a cup of soup and dessert- a package of sweet, ripe organic strawberries and some Hershey's Hard Shell to dip them in (yes, this is my latest guilty pleasure.) I drove down tot he office and ate my lunch, finished my workday, and then drove to Natural Grocers to check their dollar bin (one never knows what one will find in the dollar bin, but on a good day, one can have organic, slightly overripe fruit and veggies for a week for five or six bucks). The dollar bin was bare, so I bought a few essentials and left. Since City Market has shrimp on sale, B has been pestering me to go buy some, and I had forgotten earlier, so I swung in again. Emerged $45 later. Drove home, unloaded my groceries, and puzzled over where the shrimp might have gone. Turns out, I had left it at the register, so I made a panicked phone call to find they still had it, so back to town I went.

Yes, I feel not-exactly like a rocket scientist.

The picture at the top of this post was taken by B, catching me by surprise at the end of a bike ride the other night, as I was coasting down the ridge above our house. He surprises me occasionally by taking some really great pics. This may be one I have to print and frame.

And now, off for a ride, then back to clean house. Of all the people I have not seen for years, and often think about, guess who should call and ask to drop by tomorrow? Nancy and the kids, who, I suspect, are not such kids anymore. Goodness, what is Anne by now, like 19? She is still the little pigtailed farm girl with enormous blue eyes that she was when she was five, to me...

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome picture...definitely a keeper. JP

    ReplyDelete