Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello and welcome to An Altitude Problem, where we are too tired to see straight. It has been a long week. We have been running around like crazy people, and I have been trying to keep two bosses happy and not flake out on either, and still grab a run on my skis every now and again, which is not easy to do when your full time job just turned into overtime, and your part time job just became full time. Well, not officially, but I have worked my three days a week job for a seven day stretch this week, not to mention the 19 arrivals this weekend that I have spent the last three days getting ready for. And the few runs I have managed in the meantime.

I am bad at saying no. That stresses everyone out. And it exhausts us. But tomorrow is a day off from the ski shop, and I have a lot to do for our business, but I might also get a few guilt-free runs in if I play my cards right and manage to peel myself out of bed early enough to run down to Dillon, do an inspection there, grab several items from the office, deliver them, and be in the lift line in time for first chair. But it's already eleven o'clock. And I've been to bed too late and up too early too many nights this week.

I realize I am lucky. One of my co-workers works three jobs to be able to afford to live up here. He has slept two hours out of the last two days, because of back to back night and day shifts at his various jobs.

And now, I need my bed. Perhaps there will be time and inclination to write more another day soon. There is much to write about, like Bobby suddenly rediscovering skiing, and all the snow that has been falling, and all the terrain that has been opening early. But another day. Because it's bed time. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment