Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My running route- one of the "other things to like". I'm not actually sure who owns all of the grassland around our house- a house we will only live in for another week, but I sneak through it anyway. Would I rather be running a trail through the pine trees, with 100 mile views? Maybe. But at least I didn't have to give up running through wild places altogether when we moved here. I remember when I was a kid walking worshipfully through these grasslands (yes, I was a weird kid), thinking, "right here- the four inches where my foot is right now, how long since a human foot has been here? Was the last human foot a Native American one? A buffalo hunter? A cowboy? Or has this spot ever felt a human foot? Could I be the first?" And I felt I was a lucky person, getting to put my foot where possibly, no other human foot had ever touched.




No comments:

Post a Comment