Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello from the land of sun and powder. Work has been slow lately, but please do not ask me if it is because of the economy. We do not know. I was not this slow last year, but last year I was the only inspector, and even three inspections a day took a big chunk out of every day. Now, to share those three makes a day rather slow. But we need the help through the busy times. The nature of the job. Feast and famine.

But it has meant that I have some spare time on my hands, even though spare time spent snowboarding is never much appreciated. I don't know why. If one spends a slow day in the office, unable to charge for one's time because nothing got done, one's husband is not nearly as upset as if one spent the day snowboarding, even though the pay's the same- zip.

Wendell came up for a few days this weekend, and I took one day, after my work was done, to snowboard with him. We tore up Keystone until the front side was tracked up, then drove to the Basin. We rode Pallavicini again and again to the top, then down the double blacks it accesses. The pictures in this post are all at the Basin.


No comments:

Post a Comment