Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello to the land of fluffy white stuff... where you have to see it to believe it. Here are those pictures I did not post to my last post.
So, I went cross-country skiing the other day... this is one of those sagebrush-filled meadows behind our house. I made a few fresh tracks coming back down to the house... somehow not quite as much fun on skinny skis with free heels... but still pillowy soft.
View from the cockpit...

On christmas day, B and I took the snowmobiles into an area we'd never been, and I ended up burying it in some hip-deep fluff. We worked hard getting it unburied, but hey, the views were good. That's Keystone you see.
One of those days, it snowed and I got to take a few hours to snowboard. I really have had some epic turns (and tumbles- can you tell by all the snow packed in your blogger's face?) this year already. Austin joined me on the last run, and we hit the trees... and got flatted out and buried. Oh well, a bad day in the trees is still better than a good day on the groomers!

There is always soft snow in Keystone's most accessible powder stash, the Windows. Just stay out of the Snake Pit unless you want to grind a few tree trunks. Yeah, those are my tracks- I was the first one back there that morning.


And last but not least, B got to take a morning and go snowmobiling with the boys the first week of December. He's the man when it comes to the S-turns! (he really is, don't let this video fool you... it is included because it is much more entertaining than the ones he doesn't fall off in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment